Saturday 9th November and Fireworks paddle – URGENT

Dear [first name]
We have had a message from NKC saying due to the levels of the Trent, the Fireworks paddle tomorrow night has been cancelled. The water is at a very high level, and travelling very swiftly and so is dangerous. Thanks to NKC and Callum for organising this.
We have just spoken to the duty manager about tomorrows Saturday session, due to rising water levels and the exceedingly poor water quality the lake is likely to be closed, and therefore we have taken the decision to cancel this session as well.
These are exceptional times and river levels on the Trent are not expected to peak until 10pm tonight so the situation at the centre is poor, with a possibility of considerable flooding.
We will keep you posted on sessions as we respond to the ever changing water levels.
Many thanks Dawn Scott Chair of Trustees.